Social Determinants of Health: Follow these guidelines when completing each component of the assignment. Contact your course faculty if you have questions.
This week, you will consider assessment questions and appropriate interventions related to social determinants of health. Healthy physical, social, and economic environments strengthen the potential to achieve health and well-being. The nurse practitioner (NP) must assess all facets of clients’ health during a comprehensive health history. Identify the assigned topics listed by the first letter of your first name. For example, if your first name begins with the letter G then your assigned social determinant is education access and quality.
|First Letter of Your First Name||Topic|
|A – E||Economic stability|
|F – J||Education access and quality|
|K – O||Health care access and quality|
|P – S||Neighborhood and built environment|
|T – Z||Social and community context|
Complete the following requirements:
- Application of Course Knowledge
- Examine the overview of your assigned social determinant of health on the HealthyPeople (Links to an external site.) website. Define the determinant.
- Describe how the assigned social determinant could impact the health outcomes of a client.
- Identify what information the NP could gather to assess the impact of the determinant for the client.
- Discuss at least two online, national, or local resources available for at-risk clients and families for the selected determinant.
- Integration of Evidence: Provide support from a minimum of one scholarly in-text citation in addition to the textbook.
- Engagement in Meaningful Dialogue: Respond to a student peer and course faculty to further dialogue.
- Peer Response: Respond substantively to at least one topic-related post by a student peer with a different topic from the initial post. A substantive post adds content or insights or asks a question that will add to the learning experience and/or generate discussion.
- Faculty Response: Respond substantively to at least one question by course faculty. The faculty question may be directed to the student, to another student, or the entire class.
- Professionalism in Communication: Present information in a logical, meaningful, and understandable sequence that is relevant to the discussion topic.
- Grammar, spelling, and/or punctuation are accurate.
- Good writing calls for the limited use of direct quotes. Direct quotes in discussions are to be limited to one short quotation (not to exceed 10 words). The quote must add substantively to the discussion.
- Reference Citation: Provide references with complete information as required by APA (0-1 errors). Include in-text citations included for all references AND references for all in-text citations (0 errors).
- Wednesday Participation Requirement: Provide a substantive response to the graded discussion question(s) or topic(s), posted by the course faculty (not a response to a peer), by Wednesday, 11:59 p.m. MT of each week.
- Total Participation Requirement: Provide at least three substantive posts (one to the initial question or topic, one to a student peer, and one to a faculty question) on two different days during the week.
**To see view the grading criteria/rubric, please click on the 3 dots in the box at the end of the solid gray bar above the discussion board title and then Show Rubric.