The purpose of this assignment is to allow time of reflection to evaluate self-performance and the meeting of course outcomes that serve student growth as a future practitioner.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO1: Identify the most commonly prescribed agents in the major drug classes (PO 1,2)
- CO2: Make appropriate evidence-based therapeutic treatment decisions for individual patients utilizing drugs from the major drug classes (PO 1,2)
- CO3: Apply knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and pharmacogenomics in prescribing patient treatment (PO 1,2)
- CO4: Distinguish internal and external environment factors affecting drug action, reaction, efficacy, and interaction (PO 1,2)
- CO5: Identify client indicators of therapeutic, ineffective, adverse responses and side effects to drug therapy (PO 1, 2)
The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
The assignment is due by Saturday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 8.
Total Points Possible: 20 points
Preparing the Assignment
In a Word document, answer the following questions and submit to the assignment dropbox.
Answer all six questions to receive full credit. No credit will be earned for answering less than six questions.
Provide the question along with your response.
Citations and references are not required for this assignment.
- How has you understanding changed about identifying the most commonly prescribed agents in the major drug classes?
- How confident do you feel about analyzing factors pertinent to making the most effective drug selection for a patient with a specific diagnosis in the primary care setting? What resources are needed, if any, to help you feel more confident?
- How has your understanding changed regarding analyzing client indicators of therapeutic, ineffective, adverse responses and side effects to drug therapy?
- Reflect on your preparedness to write appropriate prescriptions according to evidence-based practice guidelines. What resources are needed, if any, to help you feel more prepared?