Discussion 6: Race: The Power of an Illusion
In this discussion we’ll be exploring the concepts of race and racism. Although race is considered a social construction, this dimension of diversity has important historical, political and socio-economic implications for this country.
For the purposes of this discussion topic, please complete the following:
1. Go to the PBS online companion to the documentary, Race: The Power of an Illusion: https://www.
3. Respond to the following questions:
- What do we mean when we say that race is “socially constructed?”
- What did you find particularly interesting and/or disturbing in the information you reviewed?
- How did this information increase your diversity consciousness?
- How will you use this increased consciousness?
Provide your initial post by 11:59 pm on Sunday. Your initial post should be at least 200 words in length, excluding the discussion prompt and the references. Please use in-text APA citations within your post as well as full APA references at the end of your post.