Final project part 2: Change Management Plan (presentation)
This assignment allows you to demonstrate mastery of course outcomes:
- apply knowledge of the levels, components, and development of culture to inform decision making about organizational practices
- analyze and describe the impact of organizational culture on performance
Based on your last paper, create a change-management plan. Put yourself in the position of a consultant making recommendations to the CEO of the organization. For this presentation, you should follow the 8 step Change Process by John Kotter that we read about in week 6. Make sure that in your recommendations you address each of the eight steps and how they apply to your organization specifically.
Present your recommendations in a PowerPoint presentation of 10-15 slides. State how the organization can be better prepared to meet the needs and challenges of the future. Defend your argument by using resources to support it.
Your presentation should include the following (at a minimum):
1) an evaluation of the current situation (current culture)
2) an analysis of how the culture should change in order to better address the needs of the future (be specific!)
3) choose one cultural change that needs to happen in the organization. Provide recommendations on how to implement the change, based on Kotter’s 8 step change process.
4) justification and support for the recommended changes, based on both your own observations and the literature (at least three sources)
This assignment counts for 20% of your course grade