Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 9; review Chapter 8, 10, 11
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook/lesson)
Initial Post Instructions
For your initial post, share with the class how technology affects your communication in four contexts. Use the following four categories as your four headings for this post:
- Academic (school setting)
- Professional (work setting)
- Civic (community setting)
- Personal (private setting)
Examine how your engagement with technology changes from context to context. Answer the following questions under each of the four above headings. Write your answers in paragraph format.
- How often do you use technology in this setting?
- What are the rules of practice for this setting?
- Is technology distracting in this setting?
- Do you prefer old media” like phone, written letter, or even face-to-face communication in this setting?
Finally, conclude your post by examining the readings this week. How has the lesson or reading this week challenged you to change your technology practices?
Click on the following link for the format you should use for the initial post:
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least one peer or the instructor. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 2 posts (1 initial & 1 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside scholarly source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage): Discussion Guidelines
Course Outcomes (CO): 3, 4, 5
- Recommended completion date for initial post: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Wednesday
- Due Date for all posts: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday
- Posts must be on separate days