Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 5
- Link (video): The Communication Process (Links to an external site.) (25:35)
- Minimum of 1 outside scholarly source (in addition to the textbook/lesson)
Initial Post Instructions
Perception of messages is not as straightforward as we need it to be, nor as easy. Additionally, in our changing society, we are learning how to interact with people who culturally have different beliefs, values, and attitudes. For the initial post, address the following questions. Use the provided headings, and, under each heading, answer the question in a full paragraph. Please use your textbook and an outside scholarly source in your post, and make sure you cite both sources using APA formatting.
- How can our understanding of perception help us become more effective communicators?
- Think of time when you interacted with someone from a different culture. Using the communication model, how did your conversation evolve? Was there a miscommunication
- What could you have done differently?
- Place your two APA citations in this section.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
- Respond to at least one peer or the instructor. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 2 posts (1 initial & 1 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside scholarly source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage): Discussion Guidelines
Course Outcomes (CO): 1, 2, 4, 5, 6
- Recommended completion date for initial post: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Wednesday
- Due Date for all posts: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday
- Posts must be on separate days